This provider's licence has been suspended by
the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities
Suspended on: 2018-10-17
View Suspension Document
Doing Business As: ProCare Health Systems LLC
Currently serving individuals with developmental disabilities.
Currently seeking referrals.
2402 Aberdeen Ave
Toledo, Ohio 43614
Main: (419) 378-1422
Fax: (419) 754-9253[ Map It ]
Individual Budget/Private Pay
Level One Waiver
Home Maker Personal Care
Individual Options Waiver
Home Maker Personal Care
Self Empowered Life Funding Waiver (SELF-Waiver)
Community Inclusion-Personal Assistance
No References Provided
a) Describe your agency’s philosophy of providing services and supports to individuals with disabilities.
At Maduoma Health Care, we strive to provide highly personalized quality care and support with dignity and respect to consumers in the comfort of their homes. We would continue to promote our client's independence in their community so as to realize their dreams. We promote individual's independence in life skills, personal skills, social skills, and healthy living skills. We focus on creating healthy relationships that impact lasting memories on the individuals we serve. We guarantee satisfaction as we deliver supportive help that assist individuals at home to manage their daily needs.
b) Describe your agency’s staff orientation and training process.
Orientation: Maduoma Health Care (MHC) orientation program includes introductions to the organization, the target population, the community, and the job itself, as well as an evaluation and something to mark the transition to "regular employee. MHC orientation program is a coherent, planned introduction that combines information, experiences, and a transmission of the values and culture of the organization, all of which are aimed at giving new staff members the foundation they need to do their jobs and to integrate themselves into the organization and the community as easily as possible. MHC's orientation program includes 1. History of organization 2. Mission 3. Strategies 4. Employees's responsibilities 5. Organizational structure 6. Policies and procedures 7. Supervision 8. Organizational culture.
Training: Maduoma Health Care training process is a continuous process throughout the life of the organization and include initial training for 1. New staff 2. Staff development (ongoing training for all staff), and 3. Professional development (the opportunity to gain new knowledge or skills, or to move to the next level of expertise). Our training process is summarized as follows: 1. Method-discussion, group activities, hands-on training, multimedia, and assessment 2. Materials-papers, video etc. 3. Logistics-time, venue and tactics. 4. Evaluation-observation, supervision of staff, and feedback
c) How are individuals with disabilities involved in selecting the agency’s staff that work with them?
Individuals with disabilities have a free choice of staff that work with them by indicating their individual special preferences or special accommodations. For example an individual may prefer a male or female staff; a young staff person; or mature staff person who would provide services to them in a more consistent basis. Individuals with disabilities may also chose to work with a staff person who is not only experienced but also have a great deal of patience in caring for individuals with disabilities and special needs. Finally, individuals may prefer to work with a staff person on a 1:1 basis for maximum attention and for safety purposes.
d) Describe your agency’s availability and flexibility in scheduling services and supports (days and hours available, areas of Lucas County willing to provide services, etc).
Our agency is available 24 hours/7 days in a week. We are very flexible and our staffs have a great deal of patience, always ready to assist, support, and guide an individual to achieve his/her goals. We could be contacted as little as couple of hours ahead of time, to schedule for services and support.
Areas of Lucas County willing to provise services include:
e) Describe how services will be provided in the event of an agency staff illness or emergency.
In the event of an agency staff illness or emergency, the agency's coordinators would quickly arrange with the agency's provider to replace staff as soon as possible. The provider is always available to work as a staff person in such situation, to enable smooth continuity of care and services for individuals.
f) Describe how your agency would address individual or family concerns.
Our services are "client-centered" and "family friendly". In the event of any individual or family concerns, we would arrange for emergency staff meeting to address and resolve concerns.
g) Describe your agency’s specific strategies for increasing community inclusion and involvement for individuals served.
Our agency will always strive to promote individuals's independence in the community by working with the individual, his/her family, and his/her SASS to come up with programs best suited for individuals' improved social and interpersonal skills. Our agency also offers sign language training for some individuals to enhance their communication skills.
h) Does your agency offer one to one services?
i) Does your agency offer planned group outings or activities?
j) Identify your agency's areas of expertise.
1. Promoting individual's independence in life skills and personal skills.
2. Training individuals on healthy living skills like cooking healthy diets, chores, etc.
3. Training individuals on social skills like how to enhance their communication skills (including sign language) and how to socialize with others.
4. Promoting individual's independence in the community by enhancing their shopping skills and other applicable community activities.
5. We are presently donating extra time and services for individuals on Level one waiver and individual budget.
6. Agency staffs have great deal of patience and experience in caring for our individuals.
k) How many individuals does your agency serve in Lucas County?
l) What is the total number of individuals served by your agency Statewide?
m) How long has your agency been providing certified homemaker personal care services in Lucas County to individuals with developmental disabilities?
0 to 3 years
n) Which describes your agency:
o) Are your agency staff certified by the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities to provide medication administration?
p) Is your agency willing to provide Level One services?
q) How many staff in your agency provide direct support services?
r) Does your agency have both male and female staff?
s) What is the average length of service for your agency’s direct support staff?
8 hours shift
t) Describe your agency's plan for continuing education and on-going training for agency staff?
Maduoma Health Care training process is a continuous process throughout the life of the organization and include initial training for 1. New staff 2. Staff development (ongoing training for all staff), and 3. Professional development/continuing education (the opportunity to gain new knowledge or skills, or to move to the next level of expertise). Our training process is summarized as follows: 1. Method-discussion, group activities, hands-on training, multimedia, and assessment 2. Materials-papers, video etc. 3. Logistics-time, venue and tactics. 4. Evaluation-observation, supervision of staff, and feedback. We encourage our staff to get involved in continuing education, which could be done outside the organization if approved, to improve staff knowledge and skills in delivering quality services to our clients.
u) Please describe your agency’s internal system for quality assurance.
The provider along with the care coordinator would be involved in twice yearly internal quality assurance monitoring. This would include monitoring both efficiencies and deficiencies in the areas of giving direct care to our clients, promotion of clients' independence, and making sure our clients and their family's concerns are dealth with in a timely manner. In the event that any potential problem is identified, this will trigger response actions. The nature of these actions depends on the severity and type of problem. The actions would begin with review of the agency procedures related to the identified problem(s).
Additional response actions might include the following:
1. Preventive Response Action-these measures will be directed at preventing the identified problem being repeated, example is unannounced random evaluation of staff.
2. Corrective Response Actions-these measures will result in correction of the problem which might include additional training given to involved staff.
v) Include here any information about the agency that you want shared with an individual, family or guardian that will assist him/her to decide whether your agency is the best choice of provider.
1. Provider has MD background with strong passion and experience in caring for individuals with disabilities; therefore provider has in-dept knowledge about individuals' diagnoses/disabilities and how best to monitor client's health status; provider also has psychiatric in-patient experience working at NOPH with individuals with behavioral issues;
2. We provide highly personalized quality care and support with dignity and respect to consumers in the comfort of their homes.
3. Agency has staffs with great passion, great deal of experience and patience in caring for individuals with special needs;
4. Agency offers sign language training to enhance communication skills of some individuals.
5. Our services are "client-centered" and "family friendly"
6. Agency strive to promote individual's independence in personal skills, life skills, social skills, and healthy living skills like learning how to exercise, cook healthy diet, do chores like laundty and housekeeping etc.
7. Agency promotes indoor and outdoor community and recreational activities of indiduals' choice, with respect to individuals's ISP.
8. Agency is presently donating some free extra time and services to individuals on individual option waiver, individual budget and Level one, to enable them achieve their goals.
- If yes, describe
Depending on individual circumstances, some clients may need one-to one services to enhance opportunity for individuals' skills acquisition and also for safety purposes, for example individuals with flight risk in the community would need 1:1 services.
- If yes, describe
Our agency offers planned group outings or activities. These activities which may include recreational activities, are planned between individuals, individuals' guardian, and agency to promote interpersonal communication and interaction among individuals in the community as they work in groups.